2013 In Review
Posted at December 31, 2013
Putting together this entry made me realize, again, that I really should post more. Or at least have a private document somewhere to keep track of this stuff.
Also, I started writing this in TextEdit, but it hung indefinitely. I blame iCloud. Seriously, how is it ever excusable that a text editor / word processor freeze indefinitely? At least it recovered the document after I killed it.
Travel and events:
My plan this year was to save my vacation time for a big trip in the fall. I guess that worked out, just not as expected.
- February: Went to Gottacon. It was awesome.
- May: VanCAF.
- June: Raine got married!
- June: Day trip to Victoria. Spent most of my time in transit (buses, ferries) than in Victoria. It was nevertheless awesome.
- June, later: Went up to Prince George for a baptism.
- Late July: Mission Folk Fest. First time going. Three days of sun and music.
- Late August: Calgary for my sister’s wedding. Huzzah!
- October: Went to one last VCon.
- November: Visited the ruined monastery at Glendalough
- December: Visited Northern Ireland and Giant’s Causeway.
I probably went to a few more, but this is all I can remember.
- “Now You See Me”.
- “Rifftrax Live: Starship Troopers”.
- “Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special”.
- “Hobbit 2”.
- Cirque du Soleil, “Amaluna”.
- Attended a live production of “Les Miserables”.
- Bard on the Beach. I forget which play, sadly. :(
- Plumes Ensemble at Raw Canvas.
- “Avenue Q”.
- “Critical Hit”, several times. I even got to participate once!
- Deltron 3030.
- I finally went to Wreck Beach!
- I finally did the Grouse Grind!
- I went to the best overnight Minecraft LAN party of all time — OF ALL TIME.
- I moved to Ireland!