Housing pros and cons
So. For like the last year, I’ve been saying that I should move. But I’ve been pretty slack about getting off my tail and finding a new place. Here’s why and why I don’t want to leave:
- Close to work
- Awesome neighbourhood
- Lots of cheap restaurants in the area.
- Decent rent
- Can just walk everywhere.
- It’s where all my stuff is
- Far away from most of my friends.
- Just slightly too far from Skytrain, adding an extra bus ride to my commute whenever I go out.
- I don’t have enough room for all my stuff.
- Sliding door for the balcony doesn’t close.
- Really crappy insulation.
|Here’s roughly what I’m looking for
- Close to Skytrain.
- Roughly equivalent or slightly more expensive rent.
- Ensuite washer-and-dryer.
- Visitor parking.
- Decent neighbourhood.
As an alternative, I could stay here. My complaints about space could be solved by better shelving. I’m out of room for furniture, but I could get new stuff to make more effective use of space. But why should I buy furniture especially for this apartment when I don’t know how long I’ll be living here?
This entry was posted in General
and tagged housing
. Bookmark the permalink